WAEC GCE Agric Science Objective & Theory Answer 2017 Nov/Dec Free Expo.
Here comes the answer for the 2017 West African Examination Council WAEC GCE Agricultural Science Objective and Theory:
follow the link below to see other subject Answer:
WAEC GCE AGRIC SCIENCE OBJECTIVE ANSWER/EXPO
WAEC GCE AGRIC SCIENCE THEORY ANSWER/EXPO
I) unpredictable climate
1. Droughts or prolong periods without rain results in poor yields
2. Flooding results in erosion
3. Inadequate sunshine also reduces photosynthetic ability of plants
ii) inadequate rural infrastructure
1. This results in urban drift ie massive exodus to big cities for better standard of living.
2. Results to massive reduction in agricultural work force in rural settings
3. Results in low agricultural production
1. Result in increase in agricultural cost of production
2. Reduce the quality of farm produce
3. Reduce farmers income
1. Contour ditch 2. Border dyke 3. Furrow irrigation 4. Wild flooding
1. High salt problems or salinity of soil which prevents proper growth of crops
2. Transmissions of diseases is possible
3. There is a build up and spread of pests
4. Pollution of the environment is possible
5. There is high cost of equipment
6. Vectors of diseases breed freely
i)Long lactation periods
ii)Immunity and resistence from diseases
i)It can perform more tedious jobs than man.
ii)It can handle many farm operations.
iii)It can be controlled or easy to operate.
iv)They are much stronger than man
Iv)atmosphere and wind
4B)IMPORTANCE OF CARBON CYCLE
I)it is the basis of soil fertilizer
ii)it increases soil nutrients
Iii)it promotes the soil structure
Iv)it is both biological and physical health of the soil
V) it is a buffer against harmful substances
No-4D i)LIST OF FIBRE CROPS
I)KENAF- an edible seed
Ii)BEANs- an edible seed
Iii) Indian hemp- the dog bane
Iv) hemp- a strong fibre
V) FLAX- produces linen
I) – WHOLE MILK
II) SKIM MILK
Viii) Vegetable juice
5aii) -Beak/Mouth: The Beak/Mouth contains glands that secrete saliva, which wets the feed to make it easier to swallow. Also, the saliva contains enzymes, such as amylase, that start the digestion process.
-Esophagus: The esophagus is a flexible tube that connects the mouth with the rest of the digestive tract. It carries food from the mouth to the crop and from the crop to the proventriculus.
-Crop: The crop is an out-pocketing of the esophagus and is located just outside the body cavity in the neck region. Swallowed feed and water are stored in the crop until they are p
-Proventriculus: The esophagus continues past the crop, connecting the crop to the proventriculus. The proventriculus (also known as the true stomach) is the glandular stomach where digestion primarily begins.
-Small Intestine:The small intestine is made up of the duodenum (also referred to as the duodenal loop) and the lower small intestine. The remainder of the digestion occurs in the duodenum, and the released nutrients are absorbed mainly in the lower small intestine.
Q6a. 1. Centro 2. Mucana 3. Stylo 4. Sun hemp
Purchases and expenses (le)
Opening valuation- 15,000.00
Cost of agrochemicals- 3,800.00
Hiring of labour- 9,000.00
Transportation – 1,500.00
Cost of processing farm produce – 2,500.00
Miscellaneous – 2,000.00
Net profit- 40,200.00
Grand total – 74,000.00
Sales and receipts (le)
Closing valuation – 15,000.00
Sales of crops – 57,700.00
Crops consumed – 1,300.00
Total – 74,000.00.